Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Because I'm Stupid Like That

First off, thank you for all of your comments and opinions, both here on the blog and also those of you who contacted me privately.  They were all incredibly helpful.
I've decided on a few things:

The name stays.  Long live Puffer!
The characters shall remain the same.  Long live Chicken, Grunter and Whoop Whoop!
The entire TTC journey will remain in the blog.
The tagline will change.
The rants will continue because I am Puffer and a bit of a ranter.  However, I will have to be a bit more careful about family rants--
Unless, they are password protected.
Goodbye Blogger.
Hello Wordpress.

I've tried to find a way to password protect some of my blogs in Blogger--there are scripts out there that would let me do this.  But, let me remind you that I am rather deficient in the technology side of life.  Sadly, Chicken is only slightly ahead of the tech curve than I am.  This basically means that when I'm about to throw my laptop across the room in a heated fit of frustration, she is calm enough to take the expensive piece of equipment from me and after five minutes declare that she doesn't know how to do 'it' either.
Every time I'm at the Mac Genius Bar getting help, I always end it with a "Thank you for not making me feel like a complete idiot."
Can I just say, this sucks.
Chicken and I are so very good at many things, but this is not one of them.

In the quest to save my sanity, I am going to be outsourcing the tech side of this move.  I'd always hoped that I would someday figure this tech stuff out, but with two toddlers, a limited amount of time, a short attention span and only a few brain cells left working on any given day--I'm declaring defeat.  I can write it, but I can't design it.

Buh Bye Blogger.  It's been swell.

6 comments:

K J and the kids said...

I've been trying to decide whether to switch as well.
Good luck getting it all moved :)

anofferingoflove said...

im excited to see the new digs over at WP! :)

reproducinggenius said...

Congratulations on the big move! I think you'll like it. Can't wait to see. :)

Heather said...

Ohh fun!! I can't wait too see your new blog home!

This Mom said...

I'm looking forward to following you to your new blog home.

Btw, you've been nominated!
http://btmommy.blogspot.com/2012/02/im-versatile.html

Anonymous said...

I am so grateful for your article. Your location is valuable for me. Thanks!

preschools in singapore & montessori singapore& day care singapore