Monday, January 14, 2008

The Clomid Challenge

With my shockingly low new number (6) for the second FSH test yesterday, I thought maybe I should take the Clomid Challenge test. With an FSH score of 21 last month, this test was not worth taking as my FSH was so elevated.
The clomiphene citrate (Clomid) challenge test (CCCT) is a sensitive means to measure
ovarian reserve and is often conducted if the FSH level is 10-15 mIU/mL or the E2 is >65 pg/mL.
The
Clomid Challenge Test is routinely performed at clinics in women aged 38 years or older regardless of how the cycle day 3 levels look. This will identify patients with incipient ovarian dysfunction.

Starting tomorrow, I'll be taking Clomid for five days and then will take another FSH and E2 test the next day to see how my body responded to the hormone.

Learn more here:
http://www.clomid.havingbabies.com/clomid-challenge-test.html

No comments: