How Far Along? 16 weeks
Total Weight Gained/Loss? +14lbs
Maternity Clothes: I am full on with the maternity pants. I even went to ON and bought a pair of maternity sweatpants! I don't need any maternity shirts yet and am able to still wear a lot of my pre-pregnancy shirts and some of Chicken's shirts.
I only have one bra left that I can wear, so I need to get cracking on that.
I thought I could wear Chicken's bras, but the underwires hurt, so that won't work.
Sleep? My sleep is still not going so well during the night. A lot of tossing and turning and for the first time, some leg pains. I'm now stretching very well before going to bed to see if that helps.
The fact that my nose is stuffy also makes it hard to sleep.
Aches and Pains? I am having more and more of a stuffy nose, but my headaches seem to be subsiding. I have a little bit of lower back pain, but not too much. I've battled lower back pain since I was in a bad car wreck when I was 16, so it's only to be expected.
Best Moment of the Week?
- Seeing our perinatologist at 16 weeks, 4 days for +1 hour ultrasound. The kids are alright! I'm always so nervous but Chicken never falters that everything is going to be just fine.
- Got to have lunch and catch up with this fine lady.
- We brought dinner out to these ladies and their babies and had a little twin bootcamp. Chicken changed her first two diapers there, poopy ones at that and she even got peed on! We also left with a bag of bottles, thanks girls!
- I re-connected with an old work friend who has 8 month old twin boys. She gave me loads of advice and I also got see how the 'other half' with twins lives as she has a full time nanny who even goes on vacation with them. She made it look pretty easy....!
- The twin moms group I joined has been the best. This week I met with a twin mom who sold me 3 huge bags of fall/winter maternity clothes for $20 and a huge bag of newborn gender neutral baby clothes, swaddling blankets and a big box of preemie (just in case) diapers for $20. Some of the stuff still had tags on it and it's all in great shape.
- Another friend gave me this body pillow. These are so expensive and I'm so thankful that she gave it to me. I don't need it quite yet, but I know I will soon.
Movement: The afternoon/evening of our u/s on Sept. 11th, I felt quite a bit of movement. It feels ticklish and it's so cool!
Food Craving: I have no cravings, but I've been trying to eat as much red meat as possible.
Food Aversions: None.
Morning sickness? None.
Gender: It's either a boy or a girl. Or two of each.
Labor Signs: No, thank God and my cervix was tight and closed when measured at 16 wks, 4 days so we are all good on that front.
Belly Button: Still in, but the belly ring needs to come out soon. How do I get this thing out?? It's been in since I got it pierced 12 years ago.
What I miss: Being able to take a hot bath.
What I'm looking forward to: Next week is "Take Your Puffer to Work Week"!
Weekly Wisdom: Try to walk everyday if you can and do stretching for your legs and hips.
Milestones: Making it through every week with me and the babies healthy is always a milestone.