Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Clap Your Hands, Say Yeah!

Right before Christmas, Grunter learned how to clap. He was a spastic clapper, mainly swinging his arms around in a circle and hoping they landed together at some point all the while squealing with glee. It's hilarious.
True to form, W2 patiently watched and waited and when he decided to clap about a week later, it was with great deliberate precision. A perfect, delicate clap.
Now, if I ask them if they are happy, they sometimes clap--even though I've only sang the song to them a handful of times. They do hear it in music class so I guess they were paying attention all those months after all.

Last Friday, as I was doing a morning goat feed, W2 popped off, smiled at me with milk dribbling out his mouth and started clapping.
Could my heart swoon anymore?
Why yes, it could.
Because today, Grunter did it, right before W2 and he's got his clapping skills down, just like his brother.
Watching your babies clap as they take a break from breast feeding is joy to the world.
I like to think they are just so happy with the boobies, they can't help themselves from clapping.
Cute. Cute. Cute.

These developmental milestones blow my mind. Every day is a great, precious gift with these guys. I feel like the luckiest person on earth.

4 comments:

Strawberry said...

Sometimes a great pair of boobs will make me clap, too.

Marcia (123 blog) said...

LOL at strawberry's comment.

I was going to say "they are SUCH boys" :)

But yes, the cuteness is amazing :)

P.S> I am all done and caught up with your blog - I am so happy about that!

Pomegranate said...

so glad to hear your boys are bring you such joyful mommy moments. :)

AdventuresInBabyMaking said...

ditto LOLing at strawberry.

that is just too sweet! the video is fantastic. :)