Monday, March 3, 2008

A Half Caffeinated Life

One of the things about getting pregnant I’ve been dreading more than anything (other than the inevitable weight gain) is…giving up my morning cappuccino. I do not buy coffee drinks in the morning and I don’t care that much for regular coffee. We have some fancy schmancy machine that came with a DVD to learn how to use it. K had to teach me to make an espresso. For the love of God, I’ve been making espresso years longer than her…but this crazy machine is her baby. Every morning, I make an Italian espresso cappuccino and drink it out of a big steaming bowl while I check my email before going to work. It’s a ritual, I love it and I’m not willing to give it up. So, I switched to decaf. Well, to be exact, I am weaning myself off by going half/half and seeing just how bad it is.

It’s pretty bad! This is the only caffeine I have all day. I don’t drink soda or tea and I’m so tired!!

This is the first weekend in six weeks that both K and I were both in NYC.
The weather wasn’t the greatest, but we made the most of it.
To keep myself from napping the weekend away—which is what I felt like doing--we kept ourselves busy running errands, hitting the gym and going to a pilates class.
And then…we mostly walked around and ate!

Saturday, we were honored to be chosen for “date night”. We don’t get to see this friend very often as she married with two children and lives in NJ, so it was a real treat! She came to the East Village and we were able to have a nice dinner at our favorite Indian restaurant, “Haveli” http://www.yelp.com/biz/haveli-restaurant-new-york
had a quick dessert at “Pudding”, the little sister outpost of ChikaLicious just across the street,
http://www.chikalicious.com/ got coffee for Liz and Katie (Oh God I Wanted ONE) at “Tarallucci e Vino”
http://taralluccievino.net/ and saw the movie “The Other Boleyn Girl”. The movie isn’t going to win any awards, but two hot girls with heaving bosoms is never a bad thing for a couple of hours.

Sunday we had brunch with a great friend we hadn’t seen in six weeks and found a new place, “The Smith” http://www.chow.com/places/19521 Loved it and will go back there for sure!
Later we walked to Chinatown and met three friends for dinner at a Vietnamese place,
http://www.chow.com/places/19521
We walked down here last Sunday night for dinner and enjoyed it so much, we brought three friends! Cheap and Delicious!

We are so anxious for Spring to arrive so we can be outside all weekend, walking, exploring and eating! Maybe I’ll wake up more when the sun shines longer.
Mostly, I’m happy that I don’t have to travel anywhere for a month.

No comments: