Thursday, December 18, 2008

Slave to the BBT

It goes something like this for 3 nights now:
"I have to pee, I have to pee."
Toss Turn Toss Turn.
"Don't get up to pee, it will disrupt your temp."
Toss Turn Toss Turn.
"I have to pee or else I'll never get back to sleep."
Toss Turn Toss Turn.
(By this time any cat that was asleep with me is long gone and K is in Vegas, so I'm disrupting no one but myself.)
"Maybe I should just take my temp now and then go pee. It must be almost time to wake up anyway."
Take temp in the dark. Beep goes off. Turn on the light.
5am.
Every freaking morning.
Go pee.
Go back to bed (and SLEEP).
Repeat temp at 7:30 and ponder the difference and which temp to use.

Um...I rarely get up in the middle of the night to pee. I even limited my fluid intake before bed last night.
I refuse to think too much about this. But you can if you feel so inclined.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

:-)

This post made me smile.

nutella said...

Haha, I totally sympathize. I was a middle of the night pee-er, even pre-pregnancy. The only thing that seemed to work for me was to NOT pee before bed. Then I'd inevitably have to pee a few hours later but could still get a solid block of 4 hrs uninterrupted sleep before my alarm and BBT time.

But, you know, it could be something else....

Jen said...

Funny. I can picture you, tossing and turning, holding a one-sided conversation. :)

Heidi said...

I feel so inclined.

Anonymous said...

Inclined! Inclined!

Mommy and Mamita said...

I've been having the same problem, except I do get up in the middle of the night all time. I think I'm going to retire the thermometer or I may never get a good night's sleep.

cindyhoo2 said...

You made my partner LOL with this one. It is sooo true! And I will still consider you pregnant until proven otherwise.. :)

tbean said...

As a veteran middle-of-the-night pee-er, I saw, get up and pee. Don't worry about the damn temperature. I sometimes pee at 5am and record a bbt two hours later. And you know--it really does end up making a difference in the charting. Pee freely woman!

The Amily Diaries said...

haha...i eventually gave up temping after the IUI because of the same thing :]

Anonymous said...

I've noted the information and I am considering the implications.

Anonymous said...

I don't bother temping for the same reason. I NEVER have an accurate read because of the midnight pee or because my love is snoring and I end up on the sofa.
Hope tonight is pee free!