Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Full of Follies, Full of Hope--Day 13

And then there were five. I was told three times today that I'm an excellent responder to Cl.omid, so I'm allowing myself to feel hopeful this time around. Plus, I didn't have a single side effect with the hormones this month, despite the dosage being doubled--in fact I lost weight. I'm giving my workouts all the credit. If exercise can stave off depression, maybe it wards away the evil Clo.mid spirits, too.

I have 3 follicles on my right: 22, 20, 16 and 2 on my left: 18 and 13. I doubt the 13 will make it...but you never know. Lining looks great, a little thinner, but fine. The blood results showed I wasn't surging yet, so I felt confident about holding off on the trigger. Had I known the drugs were this good, I would've tried them sooner.

Based on the answers I got--thank you so much everyone--and going over my chart with my acupuncturist, we decided to go with 2 IUI's. She says my chart these last two months on the Clom.id are the best she's ever seen for me, so again, I have lots of hope.

The bonus bundle of hope came tonight in the form EWCM. Always nice to see you.

The tricky part was the trigger shot. I usually have them do it at the clinic, but that didn't work for timing. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to give myself a shot in the ass, so I called a friend and bless her heart--she agreed, even though she's never given anyone an injection. My clinic has videos on their website on how to give any kind of injection, so we glued ourselves to the laptop until we felt confident we knew what we were doing. It was so nerve-wracking!! By 9:30pm, I was triggered and she was so awesome! It really does take a village!

And now: I have IUI #1 at 3pm Wed (18 hrs) and IUI #2 at 9am Thursday (36 hrs).

I don't know that I've ever had a cycle that I felt this good about. This is a very nice feeling.

16 comments:

Les Make Babies said...

Good luck - my fingers are crossed for you!

mulberry said...

now that's a friend worth having! i am so excited to hear about all the fat and fabulous follicles ready for the swimmers tomorrow. sending fertile vibes your way.

C&H said...

Good luck! Sending you well wishes and baby dust. :)

Anonymous said...

Good Luck! I am crossing everything for you :-)

Anonymous said...

Yay, glad you feel good about this one - that's gotta be a head start right there! Lots of good baby vibes heading your way (I'm releasing them now so they can get there in time!)

jessie said...

I feel good about it too!!! YAY!

K said...

Good luck this week! It's great to hear you sounding so positive and happy, although I have to admit to a little jealousy that you had no side effects from the evil clomid. ;-)(Seriously? None??)

Sending all the luck I can get my hands on your way this afternoon.

Anonymous said...

Let's hope this is the last it takes!!!

dakota said...

"...lining looks great,a little thinner, but fine..."
Kinda sounds like your current state Puffer, a little thinner (due to your cool Madonna workout,) but fine.
Sending you lots of positive energy today for round one...

tbean said...

Yay for follicles and hope! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Sounds very promising! I hope all goes as planned and the super-follie(s) keep up the trend of everything working even better than expected. And if nothing else, you can always remember yourself as an "excellent responder." Nice job!

giggleblue said...

sending good insemination vibes your way!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is gonna be good!

Heidi said...

psst, please check my blog.l

Anonymous said...

it sounds like the stars are aligning for you.

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a great cycle-- everything is definitely in place! This was our first month with the trigger shot and I felt good about the extra "insurance."

I hope this is your cycle!