Monday, May 17, 2010

Right Decision

I got to the cat just in time. He was about to take a crap on the couch. There have been 3 other times we were not so lucky as he as already peed/pooed in our laundry basket, peed on our bed and peed on a baby item. He's also peed/pooed once on the kitchen floor. Now that I write this all down I see what's what.
I hated to do it, but I had to. I had Grunter in my arms getting him to sleep when I had to put him down quickly, thus scaring the bejeesus out of him, waking him up and sending him to fever pitch screams and just barely got to the cat in time to keep poop from my couch. We've put an old blanket down just in case, but still.
Damn. Having animals and babies is damn hard. Especially old animals.
He's had a great life. He really has.
When Chicken and I got together I had 4 cats. She thought I was the crazy cat lady (I kinda was). We don't have any of those cats anymore.
I took him in tonight at 8pm.
It was the right thing to do. We had 18 years together.
That's a long, long time.
Be well Boo Boo Bunny. I hope we meet again in another life. You'll hop on the bed and nudge me. I'll lift the covers and pat the body pillow. You'll climb under and curl up beside me, my arm wrapped around you, your head burrowed into my armpit, and your front paw kneading my shoulder. When I softly say your name you'll look up at me and softly meow back. We'll stay that way, like lovers, for a very long time. You were my kind of cat.

13 comments:

N said...

kat said...

he looks like my malo :( i'm sorry. it sounds like you gave him a good life.

poppycat said...

Oh sweeie, i'm sorry. Hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. What a pretty boy.

tireegal68 said...

I'm so sorry:( you were a wonderful momma to him. Happy trails to him:)

Loralou said...

I'm all teary after reading that, so sad, beautiful cat.

shindagrl said...

RIP, Bunny. He was an amazing cat. I'll never forget the Q-tip tricks. (((((((hugs)))))))

cindyhoo2 said...

Such a heartbreaking decision. I am so sorry for your loss. He sounds like an amazing companion who had a rich wonderful life. (())

Heather said...

It sounds like you two had such a great life together...

Pomegranate said...

I'm sorry. He's a doll.

jessie said...

So sad and so so sorry

Melissa said...

I'm so sorry. It sounds like an amazing life was lived with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. It sounds like you two had a great life together.