Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year--Indeed!

I'm HOME!
Yes, it was another shocker, but after 5 days and 12 doctors reviewing my case it was decided that I could go home today!
We never expected this at all since everyone seemed so adamant I would stay until my 37 week due date.
My symptoms just were not manifesting as true preeclampsia.
I am now to take my blood pressure 3x day at home and take it 'easy' but I'm not on bed rest. I will continue weekly doctors visits with the sonograms and bloodwork test for HELLP, etc. but they will probably be bumped up to 2x week visits quite soon.
The blurry vision is only with my contacts and not really with my glasses, so I'm just wearing them all the time now. There's a huge possibility my eyes have some fluid retention behind the retinas which have changed shape and thus my contacts aren't fitting correctly.

Chicken spent New Year's Eve at the hospital last night---both of us curled up on the hospital bed, I'm sure they don't see a lot of that! I got the best care and we are both so impressed with the hospital and high risk practice we chose. The nurses were kind, gentle and caring and the team of doctors were incredible.
Overall, it was a great experience and a nice 'test' run for when we go deliver, but wow am I glad to be home!

Thank you for all of your prayers, thoughts and well wishes. The universe heard them and acted accordingly!

21 comments:

Carrie said...

wow glad youre back at home! keep those twinsies baking another 5 weeks! :)

Meredith said...

I'm so very glad/thankful/relieved that you were released to go home!
Wishing/hoping/praying your symptoms stay at bay.

N said...

SO so glad they're not manifesting as pre-e, and even more glad that you got to GO HOME!! Rest up and take care of yourselves!

Cindy said...

Wow! I'm so glad you get to be at home! So much more comfortable!

I hope and pray your symptoms stay away.

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you are home! Please take it easy.

Anonymous said...

YAY! I am glad for you and wish you a goosd start in 2010! Let your loved ones take care of you while you take care of the babies :-)
love, Monika

Anonymous said...

Just caught up with your saga. Congrats on getting to go home! I'm sure it's a relief. Sending keep those babies in vibes your way.

A said...

So glad you are going home! That is such good news. Do everything the doctor tells you to do. Get tons of rest and try like hell not to worry. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

anofferingoflove said...

Wow! What a wonderful turn of events! Happy new year!

mama bea, bao in the oven said...

Yay! So glad to hear it.

Unknown said...

so glad you got to come home! take it easy!

Schroedinger said...

Hooray! So glad you are home. I hope that you get to stay there until your due date. Chicken is not traveling any more until the birth, right?

Oh what a relief-- at least you will get proper rest at home, and it is always so nice to be surrounded by the comfort of your own things.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are home Puff! There is an optometrist in my family and she has told me that your vision can definitely change during pregnancy so I think the whole contacts not fitting properly theory is a sound one. I hope you spend a boring 4 weeks at home and pop out some healthy full-term twins at the end of Jan.! xoxo -tbean

Eva said...

That's great news. I'm happy for you.

Libberal said...

Home again, home again...

Congrats on being able to take it easy at home. Back to the land of cats and familiarity!

Anonymous said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! Welcome home! If nothing else, you got a trial run on your hospital and care givers and since they passed with flying colors, no worries about that going into your birth. I'm so glad your home and healthy.

kat said...

hooray! regarding the contacts, i had to stop wearing mine in the first trimester. i just tried them on again, 1 month post-partum, and they still feel funny. hopefully this isn't the case for you:) enjoy your restful time at home!

Gayby Rabies said...

Yay! I must admit, when I read the first line, I got a little nervous that the twins had made their debut a little early. I hope you don't have another night in the hospital until these babies are ready to be born in a few weeks.

P.S. Thanks for the book recommendation!

Next in Line said...

Home is so much better. You will get so much more rest.

Dani Magestro said...

Glad you are feeling better and are home! Happy New Year~

Two Moms, Two Monkeys said...

Happy New Year! Glad you got to spend it at home and all is good with the babies!

Just a few more weeks!