Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Because It's Ladies Night....

We had a date night tonight. Chicken has been asking me....for what seems like forever....when we can have another date night.
I am not opposed to date night. I very much like going out to eat, putting on real clothes and getting away from my role as "mommy". But this past month or so has seen some sleep regression on Grunter's part and I just haven't ever felt like I had the energy to go out once the 'day' was over.

Enter Sharona.

We have a dear friend, one Chicken met over a decade ago while playing rugby, that wanted to come over, visit, and babysit for us so we could go out.
She not only did this for us BUT she brought us cupcakes as well! We love her. She is so awesome.
Even though Grunter decided to wake up at 4:30am this morning and oh....it was a long morning let's just leave it at that...the day turned out well in the long run and we did go out tonight for fondue at this place.
The weather was perfect for this sort of food and I even indulged in a couple of glasses of wine.

All in all, it was a great night. Even if all we did was talk about how wonderful our boys are and how much we are loving life with them right now. This is such a fun age. Every day they are doing something new and it's amazing watching them take in everything around them.
They make my heart melt just thinking about them.
I can't wait to go to bed so I can shine the light of my phone on them and watch them sleeping. It's my favorite part of going to bed.

Now if Grunter would just sleep a little bit longer.......

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cupcakes and a date night? Lottery winner! Glad you had a nice time out :-)

Laurie said...

Haha, I shine my cell phone light on Ryan before bed too! :) Sounds like date night was awesome... I may be a little jealous.

K J and the kids said...

Way to go ladies.
Keep it up !

Anonymous said...

Date night sounds so awesome. We have to work up the nerve to leave our little guy for an evening out.

Anonymous said...

Nice! Can Sharona come to our house too?