Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I Can't Believe She's 50

Mado.nna. Oh, how I love you.

K, myself and a few friends went to the Madon.na concert Monday night and she blew me away with yet another incredible performance for "Hard C.andy".
It's hard to believe that she's been around 3 decades and is 50 years old. You'd never know it from where I was dancing.

I still remember hearing my first Ma.donna song. I was a freshman in high school and it was outside the home ec classroom in the hallway after school. Someone was playing music in that room and "Luck.y Star" stopped me dead in my tracks as I thought "what is THAT?!"
Instantly smitten for life.

In 1990, I had the good fortune to know someone with mad concert connections who got me front row seats to both of the shows for the "Blond A.mbition" tour.
Now, nothing is ever going to compare to that show because (a) it was front row for both concerts and I'm pretty sure Madonna sweat on me (b) it was the height of everyone 'Vogueing' on the dance floor every single night (c) I worked (illegally as I was underage) in the city's most popular gay bar and I was ON the dance floor every damn night grooving to the music hey hey hey! (d) ecs.tacy was pure.
Need I say more? They were good times.

Fast forward to 18 years and here I am again--in awe of M (and her body).
I think I'll go look for the DVD of "Blond Ambition" and order it. I need something to look forward to after egg retrieval!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I've always loved her too.

Many moons ago while she was touring in Detroit, me and my bff stalked her family's gravestones, hoping she'd stop by for a visit.

losers.

I'm totally embarrassed that I just admitted that.

giggleblue said...

i'll agree. she is aging quite well.

AJ the DJ said...

Love Madonna too:-)