Friday, November 21, 2008

Christmas: Tag You're It!

Tagged by Two Girls and Their Family--who, by the way, just got a BFP last week so you really should go by and say "hi" as they are pretty new bloggers...

  1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both + I've done the recyclable brown bags personally decorated. I'm also obsessive at gift Unwrapping time making sure no gift bags get thrown out--then I gather them up, take them home and use them the next year.
  2. Real tree or Artificial? REAL and hideously Manhattan overpriced.
  3. When do you put up the tree? Early December
  4. When do you take the tree down? Hopefully before New Years but I was really lazy one year and it stayed up for an extra month. Then I didn't feel like hauling it down 4 flights of stairs and it 'looked' like it would fit through the window so I thought I'd just push it out of the window into the courtyard below. That didn't work out so well. Sawing was involved.
  5. Do you like eggnog? Yum.
  6. Favorite gift received as a child? My mom made me a dollhouse out of cardboard boxes and it was amazing. We were so poor and she would hand sew all of the clothes for my dolls, too. I didn't think much about it then, but looking back now--those gifts were amazing.
  7. Hardest person to buy for? I don't 'love' shopping, so none of it is easy.
  8. Easiest person to buy for? Me!
  9. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope, but we have a Buddha and a Ganesh;)
  10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Definitely mail and I'm working on the labels this week.
  11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Pretty much anything from my FIL that isn't a check is bad. He has no taste and doesn't ever buy you what you want only what he wants.
  12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Sound of Music. I know, it hasn't nothing to do with Christmas, but I usually watch it at Christmas time.
  13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I shop all year long when I see something and keep it in my Christmas pile. Then I shop from my Christmas pile and hopefully never set foot in a store after Thanksgiving. Or I shop online.
  14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Oh yes, indeed.
  15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My mom's pfferneuse cookies which she makes and sends me every year. They are little spicy German cookies that resemble big kibbles of dog food.
  16. Lights on the tree? White lights
  17. Favorite Christmas song? I get sick of all of them pretty fast but I dig "Feliz Navi.dad" sung by José F.eliciano and the "Nutcr.acker" suite.
  18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel - upstate NY or to South East Asia.
  19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Si.
  20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither. I think we tied a ribbon there last year.
  21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Both
  22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Over commercialization; never ending soundtrack of Christmas songs beginning right after Halloween.
  23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I don't think I have one. I like variety.
  24. Favorite meal for Christmas dinner? Turkey and stuffing and lots of sides!
  25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Considering I'll be testing Dec. 24/25th, a BFP would be most excellent. Otherwise, Cash is King.

I tag the ladies at
Babypants!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oooh a BFP would defintely be the most excellent Christmas present ever!! I'm so hoping for that for you...