Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Wimpy Winter Wonderland

I can't say I hate Winter, but it's pretty damn close.
However, I do love certain winter sports--like downhill skiing.  
I didn't learn to ski until my early 30's when I went with K's family on an Italian ski vacation.  I've been hooked since that first trip down the mountain and have really enjoyed the annual ski holiday.  Last winter skiing in Tahoe, my face literally froze.  My goggles had to be peeled off my face.  Ouch.  
I don't know if I'll be pregnant this winter and if I'll be able to ski or not.
But Expensive Mountain Sports was having a gear sale and I can't put my life on hold b/c of TTC.
The ski mask and ski bunny hat have arrived.  You like?
I look a little bit like I'm going to rob the ski lodge, but damn I'm going to be warm the next time I'm up on that mountain.  I am ready to go!

4 comments:

word to your mother(s) said...

Girl, if anything, you are prepared!

K said...

LOVE the hat. So cute!

Jen said...

Hat is super cute, but I would be scared if I ran into you in a dark alley. :)

Les Make Babies said...

The hat is adorable, although I must admit - you kind of look like Hanibel Lecter's nicer, less sociopathic, much younger sibling. :)