Wednesday, November 25, 2009

So That's Who I Used to Be

Like many people, I've been re-reading part of my blog from last year.
I was amazed at the different person who posted last year. That person had a helluva lot of energy! It seems unreal.


Today, I was lucky enough to have energy--but nothing like last year. I did manage to make:

2 dozen pumpkin muffins
2 smoked salmon/leek/dill quiches
1 apple cake
caramelized brussels sprouts with bacon (Chicken had to do this one, I couldn't do anymore!)

I took my time throughout the day and also managed to wrap a few gifts, get packed for the overnight Thanksgiving trip and write a few thank you notes, oh and take a little nap. I have not left the house and I am perfectly fine with that.
But, I have to tell you: my body aches like crazy and I'm DONE!
It's so frustrating that it's taken all day to do so little.

However, my plan to get as much done as possible in the second trimester has certainly paid off, because now that I've hit the third trimester the difference in how I'm feeling is huge (and I am huge as you can see from the belly shots!). We are slowly ticking off the to-do list and I have confidence that we'll make our Christmas deadline. It's all coming together, especially now that Chicken has been home for over a week. What I wouldn't give to have a wife who comes home every night.

I'll be very interested in seeing what I get done the day before Thanksgiving NEXT year with two 10 month old twins in the house. Wow. Now that's a crazy thought.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with lots of love, laughter and of course, great food!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It may not have been the same level of activity as what you managed last year, but I'd say you've still done a great job considering.

Hope you have a great thanksgiving!

tireegal68 said...

Sounds like yummy food! I don't know if I could have done that and I'm not preggers yet! Glad Chicken has been home for a week!